Dave's Research Company was born from an ongoing investigation into product and service design, developing craft that responds to a broad range of challenges:
- understanding landscape and context
- organizing team[s] for the challenge at hand
- aligning on strong, useful questions and goals
- learning from and making sense of human experience
- building models to stress test ideas and target action
- sowing simple seeds of complex change
That translates to a range of work we can look at:
Training through workshops or teaching engagements. We can develop a focused plan for your team based on where they are and where they want to be.
- User experience dynamics: mindset and approach for the work
- Core skills and mechanics for design/user research & sensemaking
- Effective ways of working and positive organizational impact
Coaching and mentoring for researchers or designers, with Individual attention and practical, project-based support.
- Craft and career development
- Tactical research- and design-project support
- Research program establishment, organizational evangelization
Strategic project work within design and product teams. Especially short-cycle (3-5 week) projects that deliver disproportionate value for their apparent effort.
- Strategic research spikes and user/context modeling
- The inward look: organizational culture & practices discovery
- "Player-coach" projects to upskill the team and model ways of working
It's flexible. You can find me at dave at davesresearch.com.